Today I will teach you how to customize and embed Facebook Group events on website.
Need a step by step text guide?
We’ve broken down the steps for you into an easy-to-follow guide. The following steps are the text version of our video tutorial above.
- Create a free SociableKIT account here and login. [Video Tutorial]
- Once logged in, click “+ Create Solution” button.
- On the form, name your Facebook group events feed.
- On the drop-down, select “Facebook Group Events” option.
- Enter your Facebook Group ID.
- Click the “Proceed” button. This will show you the customization options.
- Click the “</> Embed On Website” button located on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On the pop up, copy the embed code by clicking the “Copy Code” button.
- Paste the embed code on your website.
SociableKIT Useful Features
|Automatic events feed update every 24 hours||YES|
|Responsive, works with desktop or mobile||YES|
|Change look & feel colors using color picker||YES|
|Choose color themes||YES|
|Choose number of columns||YES|
|Show events in calendar view||YES|
|Show upcoming and past events list||YES|
|Button to load more events||YES|
|Search events on list||YES|
|Show event image||YES|
|Show complete event title||YES|
|Show event start and end date and time||YES|
|Show complete event location||YES|
|Show event host with link to Facebook page||YES|
|Show link to tickets||YES|
|Show more event details on pop up||YES|
|Show event map on pop up||YES|
|Show event description on pop up||YES|
|Clickable link to actual Facebook event||YES|
|Display certain number of events||YES|
|Option to exclude events||YES|
|12-hour or 24-hour time format||YES|
|Option to show or hide different events data||YES|
|Start calendar on Monday||YES|
|Show event image on calendar||YES|
|Export to Google calendar via ICS link||YES|
|Month & Day translation: English, Spanish, Croatian and more||YES|
|Change button and tab texts||YES|
|Show or hide tabs||YES|
|Change fonts family and font sizes||YES|
|Show past events if no upcoming events||YES|
|Choose default tab||YES|
|Show or hide date badge||YES|
|Change date badge position||YES|
|Fast and friendly support||YES|
|Automatic application updates||YES|
|More useful features are coming soon||YES|
Why use SociableKIT?
You know how tiring it is to post your event information twice. One on Facebook. One on your website.
We hear you.
That’s why we created the SociableKIT website plugin.
Once you signed up (get started here), you’ll be able to post your event information only once. One on Facebook.
SociableKIT will display your Facebook group events on your website automatically. You control its look & feel as well.
Avoid double duty. Work less and enjoy more of your time.
SociableKIT doesn’t just display your Facebook group events on your website. It saves you a lot of time and energy by avoiding double work.
It keeps your website visitors informed about your events. It makes your website’s events page look better and more useful.
Why some events are not showing?
SociableKIT can only display ‘public’ events. The Facebook group that hosts and co-hosts the event must be set to ‘public’ as well. Group restrictions like age or country restrictions must be disabled. Make sure the ‘events’ tab was enabled on those Facebook groups as well.
Here’s a quick fix to make your Facebook group visible to the public.
1. Login to Facebook.
2. Make sure you’re on your Facebook group.
3. Look to the upper left corner – you should see: Group | Activity | Settings
4. Click on the Setting link.
Check Your Country Restrictions
1. Under the General tab click on Country Restrictions to verify you did not list a specific country.
2. If you listed a specific country, click the “x” to remove it and save your changes.
Check Your Age Restrictions
1. Just below the Country Restrictions is Age Restrictions – edit this section.
2. Select “Anyone (13+)” and click Save Changes
That’s it – Log out of Facebook, then put your Facebook Group URL (eg: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sociablekit) in the address bar of your browser and check to make sure you can see your business without having to login to Facebook.
Need SociableKIT support?
We can help you. There are two ways to send your questions, comments or suggestions to us. Choose one.
- Use our live chat box located here or on the lower right corner of this page.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Related SociableKIT solutions
Thank you for reading our tutorial about how to show, display or embed Facebook group events on website! Please share this post with a friend who needs it. They will love you more for doing it.