You must connect your Facebook to SociableKIT to easily select your Facebook page. This way, your Facebook page ID will be retrieved automatically. You must be an admin of the Facebook page you want to use.
- Login to SociableKIT.
- On the upper right corner, click the “Connect Facebook and Instagram” menu.
- Click the “Login with Facebook” button.
- Click “Continue” and click the “Ok” button.
- Click the “Select Facebook Page” button.
- On the pop-up, you may now select a Facebook page of your choice.
Unfortunately, when creating SociableKIT solutions, you cannot manually enter your Facebook page ID anymore. Facebook required us to follow the login standards, as we have mentioned above. If ever there are still SociableKIT solutions that support it manually, you may follow any methods below.
- Use sites like https://findmyfbid.com/
- Find the numeric value or name on the URL of your page.
For example https://www.facebook.com/Posted-By-DSM-185933601940455/
From that URL, the Facebook page ID is 185933601940455
- Find the page username. It is the same as the Facebook page ID.
For example https://www.facebook.com/postedbydsm
From that URL, the Facebook page ID is postedbydsm
Important Note: A “Facebook Page” is different from a “Personal Facebook Account” or “Facebook Group”.
A “Facebook Page” is considered as “Facebook Business Page” while a “Personal Facebook Account” is the one you probably use every day, the one you use to connect or chat with friends.
So, if you choose SociableKIT’s “Facebook Page” feature, make sure you are using a Facebook page and not a “Personal Facebook Account” and not a “Facebook Group”.
Still not working?
SociableKIT can only pull data from the “public” Facebook pages. Page restrictions like age or country restrictions must be disabled.
Here’s a quick fix to make your Facebook Page visible to the public.
1. Log in to Facebook.
2. Make sure you’re on your Facebook page.
3. Look to the upper left corner – you should see: Page | Activity | Settings
4. Click on the Setting link.
Check Your Country Restrictions
1. Under the General tab click on Country Restrictions to verify you did not list a specific country.
2. If you listed a specific country, click the “x” to remove it and save your changes.
Check Your Age Restrictions
1. Just below the Country Restrictions is Age Restrictions – edit this section.
2. Select “Anyone (13+)” and click Save Changes
That’s it – Log out of Facebook, then put your Facebook Page Page URL (eg: https://www.facebook.com/SociableKIT) in the address bar of your browser and check to make sure you can see your business without having to log in to Facebook.
Need SociableKIT support?
We can help you. There are two ways to send your questions, comments or suggestions to us. Choose one.
- Use our live chat box located here or on the lower right corner of this page.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org