I’m going to show you how to sync Facebook page events to Google calendar. Do you manage Facebook page events and have a Google calendar? If you answered YES to both questions, this tutorial is for you!
Need any step by step text guide?
Here a text version of our video tutorial above.
- Create a free-trial SociableKIT account here and log in.
- Click the ‘+ Create Solution’ button.
- On the dropdown, select ‘Facebook Page Events to Google Calendar’
- If you don’t see your Facebook page and your Facebook account is not yet connected, click the “Connect Facebook” button.
- Click the “Next” button. This will show you the customization options.
- Click the ‘Copy URL’ button.
- Open your Google calendar.
- On the left side, see “Add friend’s calendar” field.
- Click the plus (+) icon > click “From URL” option.
- On “URL of calendar” field, copy and paste the link you copied above.
- Click ‘Add Calendar’ button. Loading will take 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, refresh Google calendar.
- See the left side if your calendar was loaded.
Your Facebook page events should now be showing in your Google Calendar.
If you think this tutorial about how to embed Facebook Page Events to Google Calendar on the website is helpful, please share it with your friends! Thank you and we appreciate your kind support!
If you need help or if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, email me at [email protected] or chat with me here.
How To Change Google Calendar Name?
If you use the method above, a “URL” instead or a “calendar name” might be displayed on the Google calendar sidebar. To rename a Google Calendar, you should:
- Go to “Other Calendar”
- Click the “down arrow” next to SociableKIT URL.
- Click “Calendar Settings”
- Change the “Calendar Name”
- Click “Save” button.
If New Events Did Not Display Immediately
If you add a new Facebook page event, it will appear in Google calendar automatically but not immediately.
Some observers have suggested Google updates every few hours, but Google themselves quote it may take up to 12 hours.
Although in in exceptional cases we have seen it take as long as 48 hours.
Force A Google Calendar Update
If you want to force an immediate Google calendar update. You can add a ‘version’ parameter in our URL and do the ‘Add by URL’ again.
For example, your first URL is:
…and you want to force an update. What you’ll have to do is add the ‘version’ parameter, so the URL will now look like this:
What’s the difference between FREE and PAID key?
Both our free key and paid key will allow you to export or sync Facebook Page events with your Google Calendar. Automatically.
But if you use our FREE KEY, the synced events will have the following text format:
Title: SociableKIT Plugin – Your Event Title – sociablekit.com
Description: You’re using our free version, please upgrade: https://sociablekit.com/upgrade/
If you will use our PAID KEY, you won’t have any unwanted text:
Title: Your Event Title
Description: Event address, etc.
Thanks for reading our tutorial about How to Export or Sync Facebook Page Events with Google Calendar!
Transform Your Website with Social Media Feeds: Download Our Free Guide
Discover how to increase engagement, showcase your brand's personality, and drive more traffic to your website.
By entering your name and email, you'll get instant access to our comprehensive guide that covers choosing the right social media platform, best practices for maximizing engagement, and integration tools.
Start growing your online presence and building a loyal following today!