I will show you a specific example with screenshots about how Eventbrite works. Eventbrite is a popular ticketing application that we will get to know in this post. It is the ideal platform for event organizers, musicians, promoters, and anyone who manages in-person or online events.
It allows you to manage your events by having a presence on the Internet where you can share information with people interested in attending your event. The system works very well with events held online or in different sites and cities worldwide.
How Eventbrite works?
Eventbrite is a platform that connects event ticket buyers and sellers. It is like an e-commerce website but focuses on events. Eventbrite provides tools to make event buying and selling much more efficient.
In the most basic way, Eventbrite works by allowing businesses or individuals to create events with tickets. The users or attendees will browse events and buy tickets for the events they like.
For paid events, Eventbrite charges a non-refundable fee for every ticket sale. The fee costs around 2%-3.5% plus a small fixed amount per ticket. Eventbrite helps the event creators grow their attendance and engage their community.
There is no fee if an event is free.
Do people use Eventbrite?
Yes, people use Eventbrite. Who uses Eventbrite? I have friends who use Eventbrite for their business events. When I tried to order a ticket on Eventbrite, they claimed an average of 530,0000 people order tickets on Eventbrite daily. Those statistics say a lot!
In a 2020 article, Eventbrite claimed nearly 75 million attendees registered for more than 1 million virtual events on Eventbrite. Virtual events took off because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Most Eventbrite users are in the market for personal development, entertainment, and social justice.
How to create an Eventbrite event?
The 1st way you can use Eventbrite is by creating an event. To create an event on Eventbrite, follow the steps below.
- Create an Eventbrite account. Go to eventbrite.com and click on the Signup link in the upper right corner. You can signup using your email, Gmail account, or Facebook account.
- Click the “Create event” button. Once you have created your account and logged in, you will see Eventbrite’s dashboard. You can click the “Create Event” button on the right.
- Enter the details of your event. You will need to fill out a form with details of your event. You will enter the event’s basic information, location, date, and time. Once filled out, click the “Save & Continue” button on the lower left.
- Improve your event. The next screen will show you options to improve your event information. On the “Basic” tab, you can review and edit the basic information about your event.
On the “Details” tab, you can upload the main event image and more text descriptions like sponsors and featured guests.
On the “Online Event Page” tab, if your event is online, you can link it to live services such as Zoom, where the attendees can join.
The “Tickets” tab will allow you to add different types of tickets for sale. It can be paid, free, or by donation.
- Publish your event. On the last tab, you can publish your event on Eventbrite. You can preview your event, set who can see it, and choose your audience. Click the “Publish” button on the lower left if you’re ready to publish it.
You can still edit your event after you publish it, the following is what it looks like.
- View your event. This is what your event can look like on the Eventbrite website. I viewed my event in the incognito window so I can see the event when I was not logged in.
Eventbrite marketing tools
The 2nd way to use Eventbrite is by using Eventbrite’s marketing tools. Marketing tools are a big part of how Eventbrite works. Eventbrite offers tools to help you engage your audience and sell more tickets! Here are some of the tools they offer.
- Email marketing, link, and social sharing. This tool is free. After I created my event, Eventbrite offered to engage my audience with email marketing. Eventbrite also provided a link to my event that I can copy. I can use this link on my website to send it to someone that can be interested in my event. There’s also a “Share on social” option so I can easily share it on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- Add your event to Facebook. You can add your event to your Facebook page. You will need to connect your Facebook account to use this feature. The event will be seen under your Facebook page’s “Events” tab. This tool is free.
- Advertise on Facebook and Instagram. Eventbrite can also help you create an ad campaign on Facebook and Instagram. You can launch contests to capture email subscribers and increase engagement across social media. You will set your own advertising budget to use this tool.
- Instagram growth and multi-event ads. For “Instagram growth,” Eventbrite offers you to reach 70% more people on Instagram for only $5 per day. They claim the engagement on your event will increase by 400%. For “Multi-event ads,” Eventbrite will promote your event for only $2 per day.
- Promo codes, tracking links, and collections. There are other helpful Eventbrite tools that you can use to grow your attendees. You can use “Promo codes,” where you can set up promotional codes to offer discounts and early access. The “Tracking Links” will allow you to track promotional emails and flyers. “Collections” will help your attendees to find related events.
How do you attend a free Eventbrite event?
The 3rd way to use Eventbrite is to attend a free event. Below are the steps about how Eventbrite works for free events.
- Search on eventbrite.com website or app. Use the search box to search for free events. In this example, we’ll try to search for the “Free Mindfulness Meditation” event.
- Choose the free event you want to attend. You will see the details of an event. The example below shows a free event. Click the “Register” button.
- Select how many tickets you require. On the next screen, you can select how many tickets you want, and you can ensure that it charges you $0 dollars. Click the Register button.
- Verify your contact information. This screen allows you to verify your contact information. If you’re logged in, your information will be filled out automatically. You’ll need to manually fill out the form if you’re not logged in. Click the “Register” button.
- Confirm your free order. Eventbrite will display a confirmation screen.
If you click the “View registrations” button, you will see a page that looks like the following.
- Option to cancel free order. You can cancel your free order if you change your mind and don’t want to attend the event anymore.
How do you attend a paid Eventbrite event?
The 4th way to use Eventbrite is to attend paid events. How does Eventbrite work for paid events? Below are the steps about how Eventbrite works for paid events.
- Go to the evenbrite.com website. Scroll down the home page, you will find events in your area or location of your choice. You can also find events by category.
- Choose an event. In this example, I will choose the “Music” category and choose an event under it.
- Click the Tickets button. If you want to attend a paid event, you can click the “Tickets” button to buy a ticket for this event.
- Select ticket quantity and checkout. You will see a drop-down where you can select the number of tickets. Click the checkout button.
- Pay for the event. You can buy a ticket without having an Eventbrite event account. But they recommend having an Eventbrite account for a faster checkout experience. You don’t need to enter your contact information again and again. You will also have a history of all events you attended.
Can I embed Eventbrite events on my website?
The 5th way to use Eventbrite is to embed your upcoming Eventbrite events on your website.
Yes, you can embed Eventbrite events on your website. You can use SociableKIT’s free Eventbrite events widget. The widget will list all your upcoming events on your website automatically. You won’t need to copy and paste events from Eventbrite to your website anymore.
Follow the steps below to learn how Eventbrite works with SociableKIT.
- Sign up free to SociableKIT.
- Select “Eventbrite event” on the widget drop-down.
- Click the Next button.
- Customize the look and feel of your Eventbrite events feed.
- Copy the embed code and paste it onto your website.
For more details, please go to this page.
Eventbrite is an excellent application for those people who are involved in the event planning sector. Eventbrite will be a great start if you are considering joining this industry. This platform allows you to communicate with attendees and share different information with them.
Moreover, the design of the platform is beautiful and looks nice online. Since it has already been used by millions of people worldwide, you are definitely going to make the right choice if you decide to join this platform as well.
Thank you for reading our article about how Eventbrite works. Please share this content with your friends! 🙂