For example, in SociableKIT Facebook Page Events Solution, a page access token is required if you want your feed to update every hour, display past events, and more useful features.
IMPORTANT: For Facebook page events solution, if you will use a page access token, your Facebook page must be the creator or a co-host of an event that you want to display. Learn more about the rules here: With Token vs No Token
How to get a Facebook page access token? Follow steps below. This will work only if you are an admin of the Facebook page you’re trying to get data from.
IMPORTANT: This was not mentioned in the video. Once you got your page access token, go back to the SociableKIT dashboard. Edit your Facebook page events solution. Paste the token in the “Page Access Token” field. Hit the “Save Changes” button at the bottom. See step number 11 below.
1. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps/ and click the Create App button on the upper right.
2. On the pop-up, click “Manage Business Integrations”.
3. Enter your app name, email, and “Yourself” as the purpose.
4. Complete the security check.
5. Click “Settings”. Click “Basic” menu.
Copy your “App ID” and “App Secret” to your notepad.
Click the “Show” button to show and copy your App secret.
6. Enter “www.sociablekit.com” on your “App Domains” field.
Click the blue “Save Changes” button at the bottom.
7. Click the “+” icon button near the Products label.
Click Facebook Login’s “Set Up” button.
8. Under Facebook Login, click the “Settings” menu.
On the “Valid OAuth Redirect URIs” field, enter:
Click the Save changes button.
9. Login your SociableKIT account and go to this page.
Enter your App ID and App Secret.
Click the login with Facebook button.
Click the Continue as… button.
Select all the Instagram accounts that you want to use with SociableKIT.
Click the Next button. Select al the Facebook pages that you want to use with SociableKIT.
Click the Next button. Allow permissions, make sure all are set to Yes.
Click Done. Click OK.
10. Find your target Facebook page (the Facebook page you want to use with SociableKIT) and copy the page access token from the text area below it.
11. Go back to the SociableKIT dashboard. Edit your Facebook page events solution. Paste the token in the “Page Access Token” field. Hit the “Save Changes” button at the bottom.
Using the page access token, you can also make an event from another Facebook page appear on your events feed. But your page need to be a co-host of that event first. Follow this tutorial if you want to be an event co-host.
IMPORTANT: Facebook said there is a “page access token that never expires” and this is true only if:
1. You did not changed your password.
2. Your account was not affected by the recent Facebook security issues.
If you think your events feed is not syncing correctly, you need to re-enter your “page access token” so that your event images will look better, it will update every hour and it will show the past events.
Please follow our tutorial above carefully.
Let me know if you need help doing the steps above. I can walk you through each steps. Just send an email to email@example.com and with a subject: Help – Facebook Page Access Token