For example, in SociableKIT Facebook Page Events Solution, a page access token is required if you want to display high quality event images, event description, maps, past events, hourly sync and other useful features.
How to get a Facebook page access token? Follow steps below. This will work only if you are an admin of the Facebook page you’re trying to get data from.
1. Go to developers.facebook.com and login with your Facebook account.
2. On the upper right corner, click “My Apps” and “Add New App”.
3. On the pop up, enter your “Display Name” and “Contact Email” and click “Create App ID” button.
4. Click “Settings”. Click “Basic” menu. Take note of your “App ID” and “App Secret” keys. See Image 1 below.
5. Enter “www.sociablekit.com” on your “App Domains” field. Click the blue “Save Changes” button at the bottom.
Make sure your app Status is In Development. See Image 1.1 below.
6. Click Products “+” button. Click Facebook Login “Set Up” button. See Image 2 below.
7. Under Facebook Login, click “Settings” menu (see Image 3 below) and on “Valid OAuth Redirect URIs” field, enter:
8. Login your SociableKIT account and go to this page. Enter your App ID and App Secret. Click the Login with Facebook button. Click Continue as… button. Click Next button. Click Select All checkbox. Click Next button. Click Done button. Click OK button.
9. Find your target Facebook page and copy the page access token from the text area below it. See Image 4 below.
10. Go back to SociableKIT dashboard. Paste the access token in “Page Access Token” field. Hit the “Save Changes” button at the bottom.
Using the page access token, you can also make an event from another Facebook page appear on your events feed. But your page need to be a co-host of that event first. Follow this tutorial if you want to be an event co-host.
IMPORTANT: Facebook said there is a “page access token that never expires” and this is true only if:
1. You did not changed your password.
2. Your account was not affected by the recent Facebook security issues.
If you think your events feed is not syncing correctly, you need to re-enter your “page access token” so that your event images will look better, it will update every hour and it will show the past events.
Please follow our tutorial above carefully.
Let me know if you need help doing the steps above. I can walk you through each steps. Just send an email to [email protected] and with a subject: Help – Facebook Page Access Token